Write a winning application
In this 90-minute training, Prof. Amanda Salis will outline key features of successful applications for research funding or opportunities. This includes …
Prof Salis has written 18 successful applications for scholarships, fellowships, prizes and promotions for herself (including 5 NHMRC fellowships), and has written grants that have attracted over 5.8 million dollars in research funding, and she has also personally mentored a number of her colleagues to write successful applications for NHMRC fellowships / investigator grants or promotions and grants (click here for a list of her research funding / awards, and click here for testimonials).
While a solid list of academic achievements and strong research ideas are undeniable aspects of successful applications, the way your write about your achievements and research ideas can make or break your application.
Come along to the training and learn how to showcase your achievements and ideas to their best advantage, maximizing your chances of success in your next application.
Who is this training for?
Anyone from any institution and research field who wants to optimize the writing of their scholarship, fellowship, job, prize, promotion or grant application(s), thereby maximizing their chances of success.
This includes …
- Honours students
- Higher degree research students (e.g. Masters and PhD students)
- Postdoctoral researchers
- Anyone who wants to improve their confidence, efficiency and impact in writing applications for research funding or opportunities
What you need at the training
- The latest version of your resume (curriculum vitae, or CV).
- Any draft scholarship, fellowship, job, prize, promotion or grant application that you are currently writing.
- A computer and ergonomic workspace in which to edit your resume or application.
- Earphones (if you are joining / watching the webinar in a shared office).
- Wi-Fi access.
Refunds and Cancellations
Please refer to our Refund and Cancellation Policy.