In this training we’ll walk you through 10 steps to help you write your paper, giving you specific feedback on your paper as you go.
What you need
- Internet access.
- Earphones (if you’re watching in a shared office).
- A set of analyzed original research results, ready for write up as a paper.
- NB: If you don’t yet have data that’s ready to be written up as a paper, you can ask your senior colleagues if they have any unpublished data that they’d allow you to write up as a paper for publication, in exchange for authorship .
- An electronic copy (PDF) of an original research paper or systematic review – with or without meta-analysis (not a narrative review) on a topic similar to your own, from a journal you’d like to publish your research in.
- Access to software that enables you to add text and highlighting to PDFs, like the example shown here.
- The materials listed under the Materials tab at right.